Comprehensive WWTF Upgrades, Whitefield, NH
The Town of Whitefield is a growing community in New Hampshire. In response to this growth, the Town’s wastewater treatment facility (WWTF) required an upgrade in capacity as well as to come into compliance with its NPDES discharge permit. Wright-Pierce, working alongside the Town, selected a Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) design for the upgraded facility. Upgrades included:
- Evaluation of treatment alternatives for secondary and tertiary treatment for total phosphorus (TP) removal
- Sole source procurement and bid evaluations of SBR equipment
- Calculation of treatment facility hydraulics
- Design of a new headworks building, influent pump station, and process building including aeration blowers, effluent pumping, solids dewatering system, tertiary disc filtration, and ultra-violet disinfection
- Procurement and coordination of state and federal funding agencies
This WWTF upgrade brings state-of-the-art wastewater process operations to Northern New Hampshire. Upon design completion, Wright-Pierce provided bidding and construction phase services, which included shop drawing reviews, manufacturers’ O&M reviews, general CA coordination, construction meetings, responses to Requests for Information, field observation, punch list development at Substantial Completion, final walk-through, equipment startup, and O&M manual and record drawing development.